This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Who doesn’t love Apple pie? Everybody has their own way of eating it. Some like it with ice-cream, some with custard (my favourite) and some just as it is, because why mess with perfection? This is my healing Apple puff pie, I serve this to my kiddies when they’re under the weather. It goes like this…Calpol, blanket and a slice of mamas puff pie-a proven magical healer for the sniffles & ouchies.
Couldn’t be easier, simply roll out your puff pastry, place in a lined pan, fill with Apples & Blackcurrants, sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar, fold the edges, brush with egg…bake.
Finish off with a drizzle of lemon icing & serve. Give it a try and let me know how you get on in the comments or tag me on Instagram, I would love to see your creations.
Apple Puff Pie
- 1 Sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 4-5 Eating Apples, sliced
- 1 handful Blackcurrants (optional)
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°c
- Line a round baking pan with baking paper
- Put the puff pastry sheet on top, press it into the pan to create a pie base, leaving at least a 2 cm overhang
- Add the sliced Apples, brush them with lemon juice( this stops them burning)
- Add the Blackcurrants
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top
- Fold over the excess puff pastry, brush with the egg
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes or until, the slices are soft and the pastry is brown
- Mix the icing sugar with some drops of lemon juice until you have a gloopy consistency
- When the puff pie is cool, drizzle with icing & serve