Every year I look forward to making this Blackcurrant cake. It is such a treat to grow/harvest & bake with your very own homegrown Blackcurrants.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
My day starts with a swing of my basket as I set about picking the most perfect shiny little jewels, my Blackcurrant bush has years of maturity behind it, a prolific heavy cropper, providing buckets of these beauties every year.
Easy to make, this no fuss cake, looks as good before as it does after.
I like to eat mine while its still warm, the still gooey, burst Blackcurrants inside are so delicious!
Give it a try and let me know how you get on in the comments or tag me on Instagram, I would love to see your creations.
- 2 handfuls Blackcurrants
- 75 g Unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 175 g Granulated Sugar
- 175 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing in-between
- Sieve the flour and baking powder on top, mix again
- Once you have a smooth batter, place the batter into a lined cake tin, sprinkle the Blackcurrants on top
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes