This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
I do love making Scones. They take very little time, and are what I call a stodgy bake—a belly filler! These triangle scones are quite substantial in comparison to the usual round types. What can I say, I’m a feeder! I have 4 strapping boys in the house, small portions rarely go down well here.
Roll the dough into a circle shape and cut like a pizza
Creating equal sized triangles
Give it a try and let me know how you got on in the comments, or tag me on Instagram, I would love to see your creations.
- 360 g Plain Flour
- 70 g Granulated Sugar
- 170 g Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Salt
- 180 ml Milk
- 2 Handfuls Frozen Blackcurrants
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Use your hands to mix together the Flour, Sugar, baking powder salt
- Add the butter, combine using your fingertips until you have a breadcrumb type consistency
- Add the milk & vanilla extract, use a large wooden spoon to mix until a dough forms
- Fold the frozen currants into the dough
- Flour your work surface, roll the dough into a circle shape, then cut into triangles like a pizza)Line your triangles on a tray covered with baking paper
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix a tbsp of icing sugar, with a drop of water, then drizzle