This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Apple season! I grow buckets of Apples every year so I have quite the arsenal of Apple recipes stashed away for the Autumnal bake off that ensues every year come Apple picking time. This one is my absolute, above all others favourite Apple bake! This cake is incredible! The combination of soft fluffy sponge, apple chunks, aromatic Cinnamon and the crunchy sugary crust…omg, its a keeper!
As always give it a try and let me know how you get on in the comments or tag me on Instagram I would love to see your creations
Cinnamon Crust Apple Cake
- 4 Eating Apples, cored and cubed
- 110 g Unsalted Butter
- 130 g Caster Sugar
- 240 g Plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 60 g Soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 120 ml Milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°c
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add the eggs, mix well.
- Add the flour & baking soda, mix again
- Add the milk & vanilla extract, blend until combined & smooth
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon & brown sugar, set aside
- Line a Loaf pan, pour in half the cake batter, scatter apple chunks on top, then sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mix. Pour the remaining cake batter on top, scatter more apple chunks on top, sprinkle with the remaining Cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.