This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
I love the smell of Cinnamon rolls baking in the oven! It gives the house that wonderful festive feel. Fire lit, fairy lights, hot chocolate & Cinnamon rolls…heaven! Throw in a comfy armchair and a Christmas tree -I’m set for the day! And they couldn’t be easier to make, zero skill required. Just spread, roll, cut & bake! I try to make my baking as uncomplicated as possible, its all about loving the process, being proud of the results & finally, enjoying the treat!
- 1 Ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- 5 tbsp Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt & melted butter in a large bowl
- Gently evenly spread the cinnamon mix onto the pastry sheet, leaving a 1cm border all the way around.
- Brush the border of the pastry sheet with beaten egg
- Tightly roll up the pastry with the filling inside.. like a sleeping bag
- Slice the roll into 8 separate pieces.
- Lay swirl side up, each roll barely touching the other, bake in the centre of an oven for 10-15 minutes or until browned
- Allow to cool. Then mix the icing sugar, with the water until you have a gloopy thick consistency. Then drizzle on the Cinnamon rolls