My favourite Kale recipe! Just 4 ingredients and 8 minutes in the oven. I bake this when I’m on the minutes but still need something substantial. I serve it with soy sauce egg noodles and steam in the bag vegetables. A perfect meal for when your short on time.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
What You’ll need for this Crispy Kale recipe
Kale Leaves I am using Curly Kale but any Variety will work.
Olive Oil Im using Extra Virgin
Sesame Seeds Sesame seeds are optional, another alternative could be chopped peanuts or walnuts for a nutty twist.
Salt I love sea salt on my Crispy Kale.
- Wash and dry 4-6 Kale leaves and line them up on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with Olive oil
- Sprinkle with Sesame seeds
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
- Pop in the Oven at 200 degrees for 8 minutes until brown and Crispy
Step by Step Instructions
I don’t strip the leaves from the stem before cooking, I do it after. This way I can hold the stem while pulling the crunchy leaves away.
When baked they will look brown and crunchy. Just crumble into pieces with your fingers and scatter on your stir-fry. I liken this Crispy Kale to the crispy seaweed from my local Chinese takeaway. So delicious! Adds a beautiful salty crunch to my meal.
- Kale leaves
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°c
- Spread Kale leaves on a baking tray
- Drizzle with Olive oil, sprinkle with Sea Salt and Sesame
- Pop in the the oven for 8 minutes.