This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Home made Focaccia bread, made with Homegrown edible flowers, Lavender, Blackcurrant, & Garlic. An opportunity to get creative, a plain Focaccia bread treated like a blank canvas, can not only be delicious but beautiful too. Half the fun was picking the ingredients from the Garden and creating my own little edible masterpiece. Focaccia in my opinion is one of the easiest breads to make, and most satisfying, I get much enjoyment from prodding the dough with my fingers for those tell-tale dimples!
Homegrown Rosemary & Garlic
Give it a try and let me know how you get on in the comments or tag me on Instagram, I would love to see your creations.
Floral Focaccia Bread
For the Dough
- 235 ml Warm water
- 1 x 7g sachet of quick action yeast
- 315 g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
Rosemary and Garlic Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 100 ml Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Cracked Black pepper
For topping/edible flowers
- Lavender Sprigs
- First make the Rosemary & garlic oil.
- Add the Rosemary, Minced garlic, black pepper & olive oil to a pan, Cook on a low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, set aside
- Make the Dough-Combine the warm water, yeast & honey in a large bowl, stir a few times then let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Now add half the flour & the 4 tbsp of olive oil to the bowl, stir all the ingredients together until the flour has moistened, leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour & salt to the bowl. mix together until a dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface. knead 10 15 times until smooth
- Transfer dough to a bowl, cover with a warm damp tea towel, leave to rise for 1 hour.
- After one hour preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Transfer the dough to a lined baking tray, flatten out and prod the dough with your fingers to create a bumpy surface (see video)
- Drizzle on the Rosemary & garlic oil, decorate with flowers, lavender & blackcurrants
- Bake for 14 minutes or until browned.