This post may contain Affiliate links please see my disclosure policy
Do you want to get your day of to the best start? This Healthy Plum Porridge is easy to make, delicious and filling! A swift breakfast from pan to bowl in less than ten minutes. A guilt free, yummy winter warmer for those dark and cold mornings.
I love Winter! I love the woolly Hats, the scarves, the extra blankets and the roaring fire! And I absolutely love porridge! For as long as I can remember Porridge has been a staple in my winter diet. For so many reasons, it has always been my go to breakfast in the Colder months.
Why I love Porridge
- Its Good for you – Far healthier than sugary Cereal. A Low Calorie alternative.
- Its quick – Takes very little time to make
- Its Adaptable – You can add fruits, Nuts, Jams, Syrups!
- Keeps you Satisfied – Always keeps me full until lunch (no mid morning snacking!)
- It warms the tummy! When you cant face a bowl of cold cereal
- Its delicious!
How to Make Plum Porridge
This Porridge Recipe combines simple and healthy ingredients and if you like, can be adapted to suit your flavour, allergy or dietary requirements.
- Oats: I recommend Rolled Oats for a hearty Porridge. *If you eat gluten free, try these gluten free Oats
- Milk: I used Almond milk, but oat milk, coconut milk, skimmed milk can be used as a healthy alternative.
- Orange Juice: Orange Juice gives the softened Plums the perfect sweetness and acidity
- Cinnamon: For a warming spiced flavour
- Dried Fruits: The dried fruits add an extra layer of sweetness to the porridge.
- Nuts: Adds an earthy flavour, obviously if you have a nut allergy these can be excluded from the recipe.
The Basic Steps
- Add the Oats and Milk to a pan and cook over a low-medium heat
- In a separate pan, add the Cinnamon, Plums and Orange juice, heat until softened
- Combine the cooked Oats, Plums, Dried Fruits and Nuts in a bowl and serve.
Why you’ll love this Porridge recipe
- Prepped and served within 10 minutes
- Made with unrefined healthy ingredients
- Not overly sweet
- Packed with fruit
- Warm & Filling
- Perfect ratio of soft, chewy and crunch
- Adaptable for all tastes
- Minimum effort or skill required
Give it a try and let me know how you got on in the Comments, or tag me on Instagram, I would love to see your creations.
Healthy Plum Porridge
- 40 g Rolled Oats
- 240 ml Almond Milk
- 2 Plums
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Juice from 1/2 Orange
- 1 tbsp Mixed dried fruits and nuts
- Add the Oats and Milk to a Saucepan, place over a medium to low heat, cook and stir for 5 minutes until thickened
- Meanwhile, place the halved or Quartered Plums, Orange Juice and Cinnamon in a separate pan, on a medium-low heat until softened.
- Place the Porridge in a bowl, pile the plums on top, sprinkle with Mixed dried fruits and Nuts. Serve