This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
A wonderful refreshing sweet cordial to use up that glut of Rhubarb. Dilute with still or sparkling water for a delicious summer drink.
This delicious Rhubarb Cordial is easy to make, perfect for a hot day. The great thing about making your own Cordial is that you know every ingredient in it, unlike some shop bought ones that are loaded with artificial sweeteners and other unnecessary ingredients.
Ingredients for Rhubarb Cordial
Rhubarb washed and cut into chunks. I grow my Rhubarb on my Allotment, but you can buy it fresh, frozen or tinned from the supermarket. If using frozen Rhubarb, thaw before adding to recipe.
Sugar Either Caster or Granulated sugar will work fine.
Water Tap water or filtered water
Orange Juice Juice squeezed from 1 Orange or 70 ml of Fresh Orange Juice.
How to Make Rhubarb Cordial
Making Cordial is ridiculously easy, you’ll soon wonder why you haven’t done it sooner!
- Put all the ingredients in a pan
- Simmer for around 15 minutes until all the ingredients become mushy
- Take of the heat, pour through a sieve (separating the mush from the syrup)
- Store in a bottle in the fridge for up to 1 month.
To taste, dilute with water.
What to do with the leftovers
You will be left with a large amount of mushy Rhubarb. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. I like to add it to my morning porridge, stir it in yoghurt or combine with Granola….delicious.
- 450 g Chopped Rhubarb
- 300 g Caster Sugar
- 300 ml Water
- Juice from one Orange
- Pop all the Ingredients in a pan, simmer for 15 minutes, until the Rhubarb turns to mush.
- Use a sieve to separate the mush from the liquid. Store the Cordial in the fridge for up to 1 month. Add water to taste.