This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
This easy, No Bake Chocolate Tart has a simple digestive biscuit base and a rich double cream and Chocolate filling. A delicious Budget friendly bake with just four ingredients.
A fan of dark chocolate? You’ve come to the right place! This Tart is a rich chocolatey dream! Simple in its elements with just 4 ingredients, anything but simple in its flavour! Lets Break it down.
How to Make a No Bake Chocolate Tart
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process.
- Double Cream
- Dark Chocolate
- Digestive biscuits
The Basic Steps
- Crush the digestive biscuits- You could do this the fun way by placing them in a food bag and bashing them with a rolling pin, or pulse them in a food processor.
- Melt 2/3 of the butter. Pour over the digestive biscuit crumbs and stir well-Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Tip the biscuit mix into a tart dish, press down to make a firm compact base- I used my fingertips, but the back of a spoon would work too.
- Add the remaining 1/3 of butter and double cream to a pan and heat, stir in the dark chocolate- Take the pan off the heat before you stir in the Chocolate
- Once you have a thick gloopy chocolate sauce, pour it on top of the biscuit base- Pour the filling on to the base while still warm
- Smooth out with the back of a spoon- Gently guide the chocolate , so the whole biscuit base is covered.
- Pop in the fridge to set- This should take 2-3 hours until fully set
Tips for a Successful No Bake Chocolate Tart
- Break up the chocolate- This will make the melting process much easier and quicker
- If your having trouble melting the chocolate, microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between until fully melted
- Cream- Use full fat double cream, not only is it delicious but it helps the Tart set
What to serve with A No Bake Chocolate Tart
- Sea Salt -I know this sounds weird, but trust me a sprinkle of sea salt on this decadent rich Chocolate tart is Amazing!
- Ice-cream- I like to pop a slice of Chocolate tart in the microwave for a few seconds, just to warm it, then add a scoop of Vanilla or Caramel Ice-cream-divine!
- Squirty Cream- For some added fluff and sweetness (not that it needs it)
- Fruit- I Quite like the tartness of Cranberries with this bake, adds a little sharpness to the dish
- Coffee- Try my amazing Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- Feeling festive?- Try my delicious Christmassy Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- Maybe some Punch? – Try my heavenly Warm Apple Pie Punch
- Or keep it simple, You Can’t Go wrong with a Cup of Tea!
How to Store No Bake Chocolate Tart
Keep covered in the fridge for 4-5 days. Can you freeze it? Yep! Wrap in Cling film and pop it in a Freezer bag for up to 3 months, thaw it in the fridge and serve.
Are you a Chocoholic like me?
Try out these Chocolatey bakes:
Berry and White Chocolate Flapjacks
Lavender and lemon White Chocolate Cake
Equipment needed for this Bake
Did you make this recipe? If so please leave a rating and comment below, I would love to know what you think. Did you take a picture? Great! Tag me on Instagram, I love to share your creations on my Stories.
Four Ingredient No Bake Dark Chocolate Tart
- 120 ml Double Cream
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 180 g Digestive biscuits
- 150 g Butter
- To fill 20cm tart dish
- Crush the digestive biscuits.
- Melt 100g of the butter. Pour over the digestive biscuit crumbs and stir well
- Tip the biscuit mix into a tart dish, pressing down, to make a compact, firm base
- Add the remaining 50g of butter and double cream to a pan, heat to just below boiling point. Take off the heat and stir in the dark chocolate
- Once you have a thick gloopy chocolate sauce, pour it on top of the biscuit base, smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Pop in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set
- * Serving suggestion, Delicious with a sprinkle of sea salt
Very easy to make and so yummy!
So glad you enjoyed it ❤️