This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
A Simple and delicious breakfast idea for family breakfasts. I often just pop one of these in the centre of the table, put some side plates next to it and let the kids help themselves. A no drama breakfast, everyone’s happy! Also a good idea for Christmas breakfast? You could prep the night before, pop in the oven on Christmas morning, the house will smell of warm berries and honey…tell me that’s not festive!
Give it a try and let me know how you got on in the comments, or tag me on Instagram, I would love to see your creations.
Raspberry and Oats Breakfast Slice
- 120 g Rolled Oats
- 120 g Plain flour
- 90 g Melted salted Butter
- 50 g Brown sugar
- 170 g Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Handfuls Raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Line a cake tin or baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, oats, honey and brown sugar. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla- you should end up with a dry crumbly mix
- Add half the oat mixture to the bottom of your prepared pan, pressing it down until you have a flat even layer.
- Mash the raspberries, then spread them on top of the oat layer
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mix on top of the mashed raspberries
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until browned
- Once baked let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting