This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Prepped baked and served all within 20 minutes. I call them hybrid cookies. These Raspberry and Rhubarb cookies are part cake, part cookie. They have a gorgeous cakey texture, no crunch, your teeth just sink right in. A perfect last minute cake for unexpected guests, or a quick bake for impatient hungry children!
Made with Homegrown Rhubarb. See my post ‘How to grow Rhubarb‘ .
Give it a try and let me know how you get on in the comments, or tag me on Instagram I would love to see your creations.
Rhubarb and Raspberry Cakey Cookies
- 185 g softened butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 240 g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 handful chopped Rhubarb
- 1 handful chopped Raspberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Cream the butter and sugars, add the egg and mix
- Add the lemon juice.
- Fold in the self raising flour and tbsp of plain flour. Mix well.
- Stir in the Rhubarb & Raspberries. You should now have a firm sticky dough.
- Divide into 24 small balls of dough. Place on a lined baking tray. Pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes or when the edges begin to brown. These cookies will mainly remain a blonde colour, and unlike other dense type cookies will have a Cakey, fluffy texture.