A perfect treat for lazy Sunday afternoons, this Rhubarb and Raspberry Cobbler warms the belly and soothes the soul!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
The perfect Summer dessert. This Rhubarb and Raspberry Cobbler is not only easy to make, but delicious too. Serve with Ice-cream, Custard or whipped cream. Not just a summer dish ! I like to harvest and freeze my Rhubarb and Raspberries, to use in cobblers and Crumbles later on in the year.
What is a Cobbler?
A Cobbler is a no fuss dessert. It is a one pot bake, consisting of baked fruit with a cake, biscuit or dumpling type base. An ideal family friendly desert that is prepped, baked and on the table within the hour.
Why I love Cobblers!
- Basic Ingredients: No fancy ingredients here! Regular kitchen cupboard staples that most of us will already have to hand.
- Adaptable: Switch out the Rhubarb and Raspberries for other fruits, Plums, Peaches, Apples, or other berries, Blackberries, Blueberries-all would work beautifully in this recipe.
- Flavour: Naturally flavoursome from the baked fruits.
- Crowd pleaser: There are few people that dislike a cobbler! A perfect dessert for when your expecting guests for dinner.
- Budget Friendly: Cheap and cheerful (especially if you grow your own) Want to learn how to grow Rhubarb? Check out my How to grow Rhubarb post
How To Make Rhubarb and Raspberry Cobbler
- Start by tossing the Rhubarb Chunks and Raspberries in the sugar then set aside.
- Whisk together the Flour, Milk & Baking Powder
- Stir in the melted butter, continue to stir until you have a smooth batter
- Pile the Fruit into a baking dish, sprinkle with Cinnamon.
- Pour the batter on top, then Bake until golden brown
That’s it! Ridiculously easy isn’t it? See the full recipe below.
Other Rhubarb Recipes
Give it a try and let me know how you got on in the comments, or tag me on Instagram, I would love to see your creations.
Rhubarb and Raspberry Cobbler
1 handful of Chopped Rhubarb
1 handful of Raspberries
150g of granulated sugar
200g of plain flour
230ml of milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
110g of unsalted butter ( melted)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 190°c
2. In a bowl, mix together the sugar and fruit with a wooden spoon, set aside.
3. In another bowl whisk together the flour, milk & baking powder. Then stir in the melted butter.
4. Poor the batter into an oven proof dish.
5. Spoon the fruit mix on top & sprinkle with Cinnamon.
6. Pop in the middle of the oven for 40-45 minutes.