This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Delicious soft buttery rolls, beautifully presented for the centre of your table. They are definitely worth the time and effort, a real family pleaser.
Simply seasoned with Salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
Give them a try and let me know how you get on in the comments or tag me on Instagram, I would love to see your creations.
Soft Dinner rolls
- 240 ml Warm milk
- 1 7g Sachet of quick action yeast
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 60 g softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 390 g Plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Wisk the warm milk, yeast & 1 tbsp of sugar together, set aside for 5 minutes
- Add the other tbsp of sugar, egg, butter, salt & 1/3 of the flour, mix together with a wooden spoon till combined
- Add the remaining flour working it together with your hands until a dough forms ( if the dough seems too wet, add extra sprinkles of flour until it's workable)
- Knead for 5 minutes until you have a nice smooth dough
- 1st rise….place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for 2 hours or until dough has doubled in size
- After 1st rise, punch the dough to release trapped air, place on floured surface.
- Shape the rolls. Divide into 14-16 pieces of balled dough. Arrange the dough balls in a baking pan ( I used a quiche dish)
- 2nd rise…. cover the prepared rolls with a tea towel, allow to rise until puffy for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°c
- After second rise, brush with egg yoke and season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Bake on the bottom shelf for 20-25 minutes