My recipe for a Simple and Delicious air fryer corn on the cob is amazing! Wonderfully sweet and Juicy and incredibly easy to make! These 4 Ingredient cobs are ready in just 8 minutes !
This post may contain Affiliate links please see my disclosure policy
Summer eats are the best! I love Corn on the cob all year round, but during summer, when I’ve grown it myself…I feel like im picking sunshine! A wonderfully proud moment for me is peeling back the husks and revealing all those lovely golden kernels neatly lined up! It feels like a Job Well done!
Did You Know?
That the number of kernels per ear of corn can be anywhere from 500 to about 1,200 ! Whether you grow it or buy it that’s an incredibly decent return on your investment!
Why We Love Sweetcorn!
What’s not to love? Sweetcorn has a beautiful, soft and buttery, milky sweet flavour and has been a popular food for centuries in Europe. This delightful vegetable was introduced to Europe in 1493, when the italian explorer Christopher Columbus brought corn seeds on his ship the ‘Santa Maria’.
The rest is history! Through the centuries we have developed different varieties and hybrids of the original, developing sweeter and larger cobs to please the masses! Thank God for Christopher Columbus, for without him, I would have nothing to write about today! ;o)
Why you’ll Love This Air Fryer Corn on The Cob Recipe
- An easy 2 minute prep for a quick and delicious Corn On The Cob
- The ingredients Emphasise the crisp sweetness of the corn. So delicious!
- They Come out beautiful every time!
- Perfect for when you’re expecting guests! Make as many as needed and load up the Air Fryer!
Selecting The Best Corn
This Corn On The Cob Air fryer recipe begins at the market or in your Vegetable garden! The better the cobs, the better the recipe will turn out…
- The best corn is the freshest! If you’re lucky to have a farmers market nearby or you have your own Vegetable garden like me…then fresh is best!
How Do You Know When Homegrown Corn is ready for Picking?
Puncture a kernel with your finger nail. If the liquid comes out clear and watery, they’re not ready yet. If the liquid produced is Milky- the corn is perfect for picking
- However, if the supermarket is your only option, pick the healthiest cobs with clean looking, whole kernels. If your supermarket is selling corn with intact husks, look for ears that have tight bright green husks, with silks that are yellow or brown and still a bit sticky.
How To Make Simple and Delicious Airfryer Corn On The Cob
With Just a few ingredients you can take your corn cobs to another level! Perfect for the summer months, serve with Salad, Jacket potatoes or try them with my Honey and Lemon Sticky Chicken wings
What You’ll Need
- Air Fryer- I recommend the one I use, Ninja Foodi Max Dual Zone (Its Fabulous!)
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Corn Holders (optional but handy!)
(*As always the full detailed recipe can be found at the end of the post on the recipe card)
- 2 Ears of Corn
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Brush Olive Oil all over the 2 ears of corn
2. Add the Butter and Honey to a small bowl and pop in the microwave for a few seconds to melt. Once the butter is melted, give it a good stir.
3. Brush the honey butter mix all over the corn cobs
4. Place the corn cobs in the drawer of your air fryer
4. Set your air fryer to 200 C and set for 8 minutes
5. Turn halfway through cooking
6. Remove from the drawer and enjoy while still warm
CAN THIS RECIPE BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME
Absolutely! Prepare the corn as instructed, covering with the olive oil, butter etc. Then wrap them in baking paper and cover with cling film. Place them in the fridge for up to 2 days before you need to cook them
Can This Corn On The Cob Recipe be done in the oven?
Yes, simply follow the steps.. olive oil, butter etc. Wrap the cobs in foil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200 C
Looking For Other Simple Savoury Recipes? Try These…
- Rustic Vegetable Quiche
- Honey And Lemon Sticky Chicken Wings
- American Style Biscuits
- 4 ingredient Yorkshire Puddings
- Crispy Kale
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
- Crispy Baked Sage Leaves
Want To Grow Your Own Vegetable Garden?
- Lemon Cucumbers
- How To Grow Turnips
- How to grow Giant Mustard
- How to grow Perfect Carrots
- How To Grow Beetroot
- How To Grow Garlic
- How To Grow SweetCorn
- How To Grow Broccoli in Pots
- How To Grow Spring onions
- How To Grow Analena Lettuce
Looking For more ‘Homely’ Inspo ?
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE ?
If so, Please leave a rating and comment below, I would love to know what you thought. Did you take a picture? Great! tag me on Instagram, I love to share your creations on my stories
Simple and Delicious Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- 2 Ears Of Corn
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper to Season
- Brush Olive Oil all over the 2 ears of corn, covering all sides
- Add the Butter and Honey to a small bowl and pop in the microwave for a few seconds to melt.
- Once the butter is melted, give it a good stir.
- Brush the honey butter mix all over the corn cobs
- Place the corn cobs in the drawer of your air fryer
- Set your air fryer to 200 C and set for 8 minutes
- Turn halfway through cooking
- Remove from the drawer and enjoy while still warm