This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
I cannot oversell this cake, this upside down Blackcurrant Jam Cake has all the naughty elements required to make it a firm favourite in my house. Sugary, gooey, sticky slices of heaven, that stay on the plate for all of 5 seconds. This is not an ‘i’ll save it for later cake!’ This is an ‘I’ll start my diet tomorrow cake!’ You have been warned.
Like most of my recipes, its a no fuss bake. Simplistic but certainly not ordinary. Delicious flavours, ridiculously moorish.
Get those stretchy pants out and give it a try! Let me know how you get on in the comments or tag me on Instagram I would love to see your creations!
Upside down Blackcurrant Jam Cake
- 6 tbsp Whole Blackcurrant Jam
- 175 g Softened butter or margarine
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 175 g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Soft brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Place the butter, caster sugar, egg, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract & salt in a large bowl, mix until combined
- Mix together the brown sugar & cinnamon, set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a lined loaf tin.
- Spoon 3 tbsp of Blackcurrant jam on top
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the jam
- Finally spoon the remaining jam on top of the batter
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mix on top
- Pop in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until golden & a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes, place a plate or chopping board on top of the loaf tin. Flip over, so the loaf tin is upside down, gently lift off the tin. Leave to cool .